Why do I need to do strength training?
The Big Picture: Strength training helps you live longer. That’s the message you don’t want to forget.
Simple as that!
- Strength training improves your blood sugars.
- Strength training makes you stronger & leaner.
- Strength training helps you sleep better.
What are my next steps?
- Strength training should be considered an add on.
- You still need to do your walking, cardio, or other forms of exercises for at least 20 mins a day.
- Keep in mind: you don’t need to become a bodybuilder in the gym.
- You just have to lift some weights a few times a week.
The content appeared in USA Today: Live longer and fend off diseases with 30 to 60 minutes of weight training weekly, study finds
Sign Up Below
Free Health, Wellness, & Medical Newsletter
Written by Doctors
Content Reviewed & Approved by Dr. Puja