Today it’s all about being smart–or at the least, getting smarter.
CNN published a great article about Wordle.
The journalist wanted to know if Wordle makes you smarter.
The answer here from the HSTK team is a clear: NO!
Some nuance for you:
The Big Picture: Any game or activity that causes your to engage your brain muscles, is a good thing. But, playing games like Wordle DO NOT make your brain smarter. They do not prevent dementia.
Well, if it won’t make me smarter, are there steps I can take to reduce the chances of me getting dementia?A Question You Asked.
Yes, The steps outlined below will put you on the pathway to reduce the risk of dementia.
- There is no magic cure for dementia by playing different types of games.
- You need to exercise for about 20 minutes a day.
- You need to sleep about 7 hours a day.
- You need to eat well.
- Do all the things your mom told you to do!
- Learning new activities such as dancing or playing tennis has been proven to reduce the chances of getting dementia.
Sign Up Below
Free Health, Wellness, & Medical Newsletter
Written by Doctors
Content Reviewed & Approved by Dr. Puja