Here are two important health and wellness stories for Monday, July 12, 2021.
Savannah Guthrie Health… and more.
Savannah Guthrie ended up with a detached retina after getting cataract surgery. You should know: oftentimes, other issues can lead to a retinal detachment
⭐ Retinal Detachment is fixed by surgery and is generally successful if caught early.
What’s the ONE thing I need to know about a Retinal Detachment?
✅ NOT treating it quickly can lead to permanent blindness!
What’s a retinal detachment?
- Basically, this means that the back part of your eye is no longer attached & this detachment ends up causing blurriness.
- A detached retina is a serious thing.
- if you find yourself suddenly experiencing blurriness,
- and the world around you starts to look like a snowstorm,
- or you see electricity flashing all over!
- it’s time to go to the ER.
Your goal here: if sudden visual changes occur — please go get it checked out!