The Big Picture: Alcohol can really mess with your mental health.
What is Hangxiety?
- Many people don’t realize that they can experience a lot of anxiety during their hangover.
- Your dopamine levels in your brain decrease after heavy drinking. And, this can cause anxiety the next day.
- Not everyone experiences Hangxiety.
- Hangxiety can cause you harm as you recover from your hangover.
Your Next Steps:
- Don’t let this overwhelm you. You need to talk to your doctor about your alcohol use.
- You need to let them know that you can get “extra” anxious after drinking.
- This information allows your healthcare team to make better decisions with you about your mental health.
The content appeared in CNN: Why you may experience ‘hangxiety’ during a hangover
Sign Up Below
Free Health, Wellness, & Medical Newsletter
Written by Doctors
Content Reviewed & Approved by Dr. Puja