In the News
Does apple cider vinegar help prevent hair loss?
The Background: There’s a lot of noise out there. Natural therapies for hair growth and scalp health are everywhere. Lately, Apple Cider Vinegar (ACV) therapy is getting a lot of buzz.
Who’s this for?
What are some points I should focus on?
The science is clear: Apple Cider Vinegar therapy does not work! Save your money. Save your time.
👇 Health Expert Insights
Dr. Puja Uppal had this to say:
What should I do next?
First: You need to understand and determine why you’re experiencing hair loss.
- Conditions such as Lupus, low thyroid, male and female pattern alopecia–are things that can lead to hair loss.
- And, you need to know that Apple Cider Vinegar is not going to help.
- Just keep in mind: some hair loss is very normal and this day-to-day “shedding” should not be of concern.
Second: Micronutrient deficiencies are a very common reason for hair loss.
- You’ll need to take a blood test to determine if you have low Zinc and low Iron levels in your system.
- If the results indicate that you do have low blood Zinc and Iron, then your healthcare team will most likely recommend that you take OTC supplements to fix the deficiency.
Third: Uncontrolled dandruff can also cause hair loss. ACV will not prevent any further losses here either! You’re going to need prescription shampoos to manage the condition.
The Big Picture: No doubt, hair takes up a huge space in our cultural & self-identity dynamics. So, the pain one feels from hair loss can be very real.
Sadly, genetic hair loss is still a thing.
Researchers are working on ways to remedy this! But, spending your hard earned money on fake tips and elixirs is not going to solve the problem.
Dr. Puja Uppal
Health Expert Insights
Health Stuff TO Know