What is COVID Psychosis?
The Big Picture: You need to continue to remind yourself, over and over! COVID-19 is not just a lung disease.
- Scientists looked at the data, and so far they’ve found 48 “psychotic episodes associated with COVID-19 infection.”
- Psychosis causes paranoia, hallucinations, and the person loses touch with reality.
What are your next steps?
- We don’t know for sure if Long COVID symptoms will also lead to psychosis.
- But, the science is clear that COVID affects the brain and causes neuropsychiatric conditions such as: depression, anxiety, & psychosis.
- Get vaccinated. Get Boosted.
The content appeared in Time: COVID-19 May Be Linked to Spontaneous Psychosis. Researchers Are Trying to Figure Out Why
Sign Up Below
Free Health, Wellness, & Medical Newsletter
Written by Doctors
Content Reviewed & Approved by Dr. Puja